To understand complex hydro geological setting, informal institutional dynamics and probable technological solutions towards realizing water security of municipal Hyderabad
Knowledge and Research
- To get an insight into the present situation of the complex, fragmented and composite groundwater aquifers and the influence of natural and anthropogenic factors under different scenarios for the Hyderabad Municipal Area.
- To understand the sources and the users of the informal water market and the externalities such as groundwater abstraction, quality and pricing associated with the informal water market.
- To project the sectoral water demand with the future demographic changes for the municipal area of Hyderabad.
- To undertake an institutional mapping of different line departments and their policies, rules, responsibilities and opportunities of convergence in securing the water supply of the Hyderabad Municipal Area.
- To assess different water harvesting methods, their respective costs and benefits for the Hyderabad Municipal Area
Facilitate technical training programs for mid-level Government officials and staffs in association with MarriChanna Reddy Human Resource Development Institute (MCRHRD) in Hyderabad.
- To use research outcomes and learning in engaging dialogue with multiple stakeholders like state actors, professionals, students and communities about the groundwater abstraction, quality, technical solutions, roles and responsibilities in its sustainable and effective management within Municipal Hyderabad. The project advocates the need of effective low cost water harvesting measures as an important tool for attaining water security of Municipal Hyderabad.
- To inform water and urban policy (change) processes that impact on the management of water resources, and promotes social and cross-projects learning to create opportunities for institutional transformation
- Sensitizing communities, housing associations, hospitals, farmers, colleges and schools (conducting essay competitions, quiz, etc) on large scale emphasizing on water conservation practices.